Wednesday 1 October 2014

My dream house in Netherlands


 This is Kinderdijk Village, a UNESCO World Heritage site in Netherlands. 19 old windmills stand proudly under the sun against the clear blue sky. I was curious to read about the village on the Internet. But when I arrived there, I realised that was going to be an unforgettable visit for me. The view was simply stunning; it took my breath away. With the cold spring wind blowing on my face, I walked through the village with my family. Admiring the old windmills one by one. Snapping their pictures from all possible angles we could think of at that time.


One windmill in particular caught my sight. It was not any ordinary windmill. It was a home to a family. A water gate was installed in front of the house. The green lawn was well-kept. A bicycle was left outside of the house. Flower pots were arranged neatly under the window. Goodness! This is it. I just have to include it as one of my many dream houses.


Can you imagine yourself waking up in the morning and looking out at the sun from the small window of the windmill? Or listening to the creaking sound of the windmill fans in the middle of a lonely night? Or stopping your boat by the water gate while waiting for someone to open it up for you? Or enjoying your bicycle ride along the bank of the canal. This is simply amazing! Something I would have never thought of imagining to have in Malaysia.


Students, that is my dream house. What is yours? How does it look like? Where do you think it will be located? Don't forget to share your stories with me.



16 comments:

  1. I like this place because the place from me is peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope one day I can come to the Netherlands and can follow you travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinderdijk Village is very beautiful and i like that house

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love to look at the wilndmill and i wish i will go at there some day and can stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dream to travel to the Netherlands.I will come to the place for school holiday maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So amazing, I never see this house before

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dream to live in windmill and quite place .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this place because it is very amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dream is want to live and look around in windmill place .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kinderdik village is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this place because it's look very simply and peace for me .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the house in netherlands but i don`t want live in netherlands because i thing that located is not better for me.

    ReplyDelete